Greek-Style Skillet Dinner
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 c. uncooked penne pasta
- 2 c. fresh spinach
- 3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese, divided
1. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain fat. Add oregano, cinnamon and garlic powder; mix well.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 10 minutes or until pasta is nearly tender. Stir in spinach and 1/2 c. of the cheese. Cover. Cook 5 min longer or until spinach is wilted and pasta is tender.
3. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. feta cheese. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
**Adapted from a recipe found in a McCormick’s mailer coupon, 2011.**